My girl is turning 8 in August. Yes, it’s 4 months away but I want to get a rough idea on what to expect. I figured, this will be my last year to pamper her with lots of fluff and sparkle.
I went directly to the source to get ideas…
Me: What kind of Birthday do you want?
Daughter: I want a princess party with hot pink things.
I imagined: lots of tulle, ribbons, puffy dresses, tiaras…
Daughter: Can I invite friends to Build A Bear?
Mom: What about cake? Party games? Favors for your friends?
Daughter: Can you make a tutu for my friends and they can each have a matching tutu for their bear? You can bake rainbow cupcakes, and for games we can play in the play area in the mall.
Mom: Okay, we’ll see… will you want something different to let others know that you are the Birthday Girl?
Daughter: I want a fancy princess head band with ribbons, tulle, and my favorite flower.
Mom: How am I going to make all these possible?
Daughter: You will mommy, you always do, I can help.
Here is My Plan
- Keep an eye out for Build-A-Bead promotion codes and coupons.
- Look for websites that have huge discounts on tulle and elastic bands.
- Pick up a head band, beads, safety pins at dollar tree.
- Look for vintage buttons, broach, or ear rings. (optional)
- Come up with a way to pass out tutu for friends
- Pick up bottled waters, crackers, plates, and napkins
- Bake cupcakes and make fruit cups.
Ideas from the Web
3. Tulle Tutu Idea
Average 8 Year Old Girls
We are looking at 45 strips of tulle at 24 inches per strip ( after they are tied we are looking at 11.5 inches in length)
90 feet or 30 yards of tulle for each child.
90 beads for each girl ( 2 beads in between the tulle)
I decided to go with this company for these reasons, price, low shipping & handling charges, many shipping options, and the business in California, US.
I like it when everything just falls into place and work out.